Want to change
your IP address with a proxy server?
A proxy server relays traffic between you and the websites
you visit. If the proxy is "anonymous", then websites only see
the IP address of the proxy server, and not yours. Therefore, a proxy
server can be a great way to change your IP address for online privacy,
entrepreneurial, or travel purposes.
But there are major
PROBLEMS with "public"
- They're usually detectable, often blacklisted, and likely to draw
- They're often setup by criminals, hackers, and police to intercept
- They're rarely SSL-enabled (so passwords, financial info, and free
speech are all at risk).
- They're often used by criminals/fraudsters, and sharing that IP may
put you at legal risk.
- They're VERY difficult to find. If you do find one that works, beware
of problem #2.
The SOLUTIONS for changing
your IP address:
First option: Use a private proxy provider
Private proxies are password protected and not open to public abuse
like public proxies. They're faster, more reliable, and SSL-enabled
(so online surfing is much safer). A good example of a private proxy
service is iPrivacyTools.com
Second option: Setup your own proxy
server. Operating your own anonymous proxy has the added
benefit of not sharing IP's with anyone -- so surfing speed is extremely
fast, there are no worries about your activities being monitored,
and your IP will never be banned because of someone else's abuse.
The only big drawback is that you'll have to pay about $10 per month
for a special web hosting account. But if you're trying to change
your IP for business/income purposes, this may be the best money
you'll ever spend.
Whereas public (free) proxies are typically used by fraudsters, hackers,
and criminal types, the two options above are popular with:
- Legitimate businesses
- Traveling professionals
- Online marketers
- Serious gamers
FAQ's about operating your own proxy:
- Will my personal proxy be "anonymous"? Yes, it
will be "highly anonymous", "elite", all that stuff
- as good as it gets!
- Can I share my proxy with friends/employees? Yes, you can
share the proxy password with whoever you want, or keep it just for
- Will people know I'm using a private proxy server? While
public proxies are often blacklisted and detectable, your private proxy
IP address will appear just like any other IP address.
- Can my IP address be in a different country? Yes, it can
be in just about any country you want. Popular choices include US, UK,
Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Singapore,
Switzerland, and others.
- How many IP's can I get? Typically a proxy-capable hosting
account will come with 1-2 IP's, and you'll pay $1 for each additional
IP. But this varies from host to host.
- Will it work on "EnterWebsiteNameHere.com"? Yes.
You're basically setting up a new IP address for yourself - so as long
as you don't do anything to get your new IP address blocked, then it
- Can I use it from a cafe / work / or school? Yes, you can
use the proxy IP address from anywhere, and on any type of connection
-- wireless, cable, DSL, dialup, etc.
- Will it work on my Mac/PC? Yes, it will work with any operating
system, and on just about any browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari,
Chrome, Opera, etc).
Who uses private proxy servers?
Some common users include:
- A person who found that his/her IP address had been incorrectly banned
by a website.
- A traveler who needs to access his/her online banking which blocks
- A soldier relocated overseas who wishes to watch his/her home country's
- A company that needs overseas employees to appear as if they are
- A student that wishes to access websites that are blocked by his/her
- A marketer who wants to review his advertising campaigns as they
- Any person wishing to post on forums/classifieds without displaying
their IP address.
The list goes on and on. My interest in private proxies
began when a website that I had never visited was blocking my
IP address for "abuse". This was on a dynamic IP address (AOL),
so obviously I was being blocked because of someone else's actions. Since
then, I've become a proxy server expert, and now enjoy helping others
setup their own systems.
Ready to setup your private proxy server?
The only other hurdle to operating your own proxy is
the time and knowledge required for setup. My first installation took
me 5 days (and significant background knowledge). But having now setup
dozens of anonymous proxy servers for personal/professional use, I can
perform an installation in about 45 minutes.
To save you a bunch of grief, I
will personally perform the entire setup of your private proxy server
for you! Since I specialize in assisting small/private users, you
won't have to deal with any of the complex issues or expenses that would
be involved with hiring a professional systems administrator and programmer.
Your Private Proxy Server Now!
your setup does not work exactly the way you want, you can either
1) have me fix it for you within 24 hours, or 2) just get a full
IMPORTANT NOTE #1: My
fee (installation / consultation) does not include the fees you'll
need to pay for web hosting. The hosting has nothing to do with
me -- you can select from any of hundreds of providers, and expect
to pay around $10/month for that.
NOTE #2: Please use the information on this site
responsibly. Proxies are great for changing your IP address, increasing
privacy, and a ton of entrepreneurial/travel uses. However, they
DO NOT prevent law enforcement from tracking illegal activity. DO
NOT make this purchase if your intentions are illegal. Please read
All transactions are processed
securely by ShareIt.com
to ensure that your financial details are kept safe. Not even I
will see your credit card account number.
Feel free to contact me anytime: